Get assistance FROM THE PROS
Our Identity Theft specialists will help relieve the burden in the event that your identity is stolen. When you call and speak with someone on our team, they can assist you with industry-leading expertise and years of identity protection experience. If you see suspicious activity, you can simply tap the app or pick up the phone and call to get advice from our Identity Theft support team.
How it Works
The PrivacyDefence scanner monitors activity on the internet to see if personal information is being traded online. The technology searches networks, chat rooms, social media accounts and websites worldwide for stolen identity credentials, finding your personal data.
The PrivacyDefence app keeps you in contact with your Identity Theft Specialist - when you receive an alert, simply tap the button and you'll be taken straight through to them. They will work with you to make sure your personal data gets back to being just that - personal.
Staying Safe Online
Here are some simple ways to keep your data safe online:
- Mobile Banking - If you use an app to access your online banking, only use the official app provided by your bank.
- App Stores - Only download apps from official app stores. Free apps are great but downloading them from unofficial or unknown sources could lead to your device becoming infected with a virus.
- Update - Keep your smartphone’s operating system updated with the latest security patches and upgrades. These will normally be sent to you from your operating system provider.
- Texts and Emails - Be wary of clicking on links contained in a text message or email. Don’t respond to unsolicited messages or voicemails on your phone.
- Install Antivirus - Install it, keep it updated and run regular full computer scans. They can run in the background but will protect against all kinds of malicious software from Ransomware through to and Trojan horse programs.
- Passwords - Update passwords regularly and keep them unique. Passwords are a favourite target point for hackers. To stay safe use unique passwords for all accounts and update them at least every 60 days.